Online supply chain programs from the Penn State Smeal College of Business give you the opportunity to work with top faculty. They are award-winning teachers and researchers who have earned national and international reputations and are respected by both business professionals and academics.
TACKLING TODAY'S COMPLEX SUPPLY CHAIN CHALLENGES
In achieving their vision of being a world leader in the creation and dissemination of supply chain knowledge, the Center for Supply Chain Research at Smeal draws upon the expertise of supply chain faculty to provide insight into today's complex global supply chain management issues.
Our faculty include:
- Norm Aggon: Has 26 years of experience in various executive and supply chain management positions including work for Pfizer, Engelhard and Tarmac, Ltd., and Chemstone Corporations.
- Francis (Frank) Chelko: Former corporate director of quality and reliability assurance at telecommunications electronics equipment and software manufacturer C-COR.net, along with executive experience at companies such as Xerox Corporation and several entrepreneurial start-ups.
- Terry Harrison: Expertise in supply chain modeling, large-scale production and distribution systems, decision support systems, and the management of renewable natural resources.
- David Huff: Director of the MPS/SCM Program. More than 12 years of teaching experience with expertise in sales-force incentives, project management, inventory management, and Lean Six Sigma.
- John Jordan: Previously worked for management and technology consulting firms including Capgemini and CSC Consulting.
- John Langley Jr.: Named one of the “Top Five Logistics Leaders” by the Logistics and Supply Chain Forum and was the recipient of the Council of Supply Chain Professionals Distinguished Service Award.
- Vidya Mani: Research expertise in retail operations, pharmaceutical operations, and empirical research in supply chain and a consultant on projects with companies such as Office Depot and governmental organizations like UNICEF and GIDEP.
- Susan Purdum: Twenty years of industry experience working for Avery Dennison Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, and The Hershey Company and has consulted for a number of firms.
- Ralph Sees: A retired Army colonel with 27 years of active duty experience in medical supply chain management and healthcare operations within the Department of Defense.
- Alan Stenger: Has engaged in a wide range of educational and consulting activities both in the United States and abroad, including work with companies in the chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods, glass, information technology, and railroad industries.
- Evelyn Thomchick: Research expertise in international logistics and transportation policy, having served on a systems design team that studied the U.S. air cargo transportation system at the NASA Langley Research Center in Virginia.
- John Eugene (Gene) Tyworth: An endowed professor of supply chain management and former active duty officer in the Air Force performing transportation and logistics duties.
- Veronica Villena: Former auditor for SGS, where she assessed process management for hundreds of multinational companies in various industries in Europe and Latin America.