The Penn State Smeal Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management curriculum is designed for working supply chain management professionals. Accordingly, successful applicants will ideally have:
- At least two years of post-baccalaureate work experience in supply chain management or a closely allied field
- A baccalaureate degree in business, engineering, economics, information sciences, or a related field
- Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Knowledge of business statistics
- An understanding of basic accounting and microeconomic terms and principles
Students who require additional training are encouraged to enroll in preparatory courses prior to entrance into the program. For more information on prerequisites, please email Tami Barnes Confer at email@example.com or call 814-865-0073.
Start Your Application
You can begin your online application at any time. Your progress within the online application system will be saved as you go, allowing you to return at any point as you gather additional information and required materials.
- Choose "WORLD CAMPUS" as the campus
Online Application Materials
Applications are submitted electronically and include a nonrefundable application fee. You will need to upload the following items as part of your application:
- GPA & Test Scores — post-secondary (undergraduate), junior/senior (last two years) GPA is required. GMAT/GRE test scores are not required.
- English Proficiency — The language of instruction at Penn State is English. All international applicants must take and submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS), with some exceptions. Minimum test scores and exceptions are found in the English Proficiency section on the Graduate School's "Requirements for Graduate Admission" page.
- Résumé — Upload your résumé (one to two pages) to the online application. You may also submit your résumé by email to Tami Barnes Confer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Resume for the Certificate Program – your last name, your first name
- Transcripts — Upload official transcripts from each institution attended, regardless of the number of credits or semesters completed. For institutions outside the U.S., equivalent documents must be submitted in the language of instruction (degree/study certificates, diplomas, etc.). Transcripts not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation. Penn State alumni do not need to request transcripts for credits earned at Penn State, but must list Penn State as part of their academic history.
Review the technical requirements for this program.
The certificate program has one intake per year in the fall semester. The deadline for fall applications is June 15.
Applications received after June 15 cannot be assured full consideration. Review of applications for admission will begin in February.
Applicants of the graduate certificate program must be admitted by both the certificate program office and the Graduate School at Penn State. The Graduate School will notify the applicant whether or not they meet the Graduate School's baccalaureate degree requirement. Please note however, that acceptance to the Graduate School is not the same as acceptance to the certificate program. Separate correspondence will be sent from the certificate program office indicating whether or not an applicant has been accepted to the certificate program.